Last updated: October 17th, 2022
The study SEMVAc investigates the safety and effectiveness of MVA-BN as part of the national vaccination campaign to make a valuable contribution to the worldwide management of monkeypox.
SEMVAc is a Germany-wide study led by Charité Universitätsmedizin in collaboration with practices, medical care centers and university hospitals.
Who can participate?
People who have received or will receive a vaccination and people who do not (initially) receive a vaccination can participate in this study. Whether you receive a vaccination does not depend on your participation in the study. Vaccination will be given as part of your routine medical care. If you participate and do not initially receive a vaccination, but in the future receive and accept a regular offer of vaccination, participation is of course still possible.
To better compare vaccinated individuals, we are still seeking individuals who fulfill the following criteria:
- Age ≥18
- Unvaccinated or upcoming vaccination with MVA-BN smallpox vaccine
- Men and trans* persons who have sex with men (MSM) and/or trans* persons
- No known monkeypox disease
- Resident in Berlin
How does the study work?
- Duration: 12 months
- Inclusion interview in doctor’s office (approx. 10min)
- Monthly online surveys (approx. 3-5min)
What’s your benefit?
- At least 10€ compensation per quarterly routine visit in your treating physician’s office
- Important contribution to research on monkeypox management and vaccination
Interested? Write us a short e-mail here.
The following map shows confirmed (green) and planned (yellow) study sites.